Noodle Arm Disc Golf’s March Mold Mania: Sweet 16
While the big names of the NCAA’s actual March Madness tournament have been dropping like flies (Villanova and Kansas, anyone?), the Noodle Arm Disc Golf iteration is moving along with little disruption to the top seeds.
Entering the Sweet 16, all four No. 1 seeds are still in play, with only one No. 2 seed – Discmania’s PD – taking the fall out of Round 2. And even that upset wasn’t terribly unexpected, as the PD lost the Innova Firebird, a staple of many bags that probably could have been seeded higher.
But with only four discs left in each region, we’re getting down to the nitty gritty of the tournament, and some major players are destined to crumble.
The Warp Speed Driver bracket will feature a battle of Innova brethren when two all-time greats – the Destroyer and Wraith – face off, while the No. 14 seed Westside World looks to score a massive upset over the No. 2 seed Discraft Nuke. The Latitude 64 Saint, meanwhile, will vie for an Elite Eight berth from the Control/Fairway Driver bracket when it takes on the powerhouse Innova Teebird, and the Gateway Wizard and Dynamic Discs Judge will battle for the king of the bead in the Putter region.
The midrange region, though, will be home to the most hotly contested matchups. The No. 1 seed Discraft Buzzz will face the Cinderella No. 12 seed Latitude 64 Fuse, which has surprisingly dismissed its prior opponents with ease. The No. 2 seed Innova Roc will try and hold off the other Trilogy fan favorite, the No. 3 seed Dynamic Discs Truth, and make it to the final round of its bracket.
Who moves on and who goes home? The readers are still in control, so please vote and share. Sweet 16 voting runs through Friday night, and we’ll move to the Elite Eight on Saturday.
Round 2 Recap
- 2) Innova Roc (82.29%) over 10) Legacy Ghost (17.71%)
- 2) Innova Aviar (77.32%) over 10) Prodigy PA4 (22.68%)
- 3) Innova Leopard (51.15%) over 11) Innova Valkyrie (48.85%) – The former world record-holding distance driver needed 31 more votes to knock off its shorter company-mate.
7) Innova Firebird (69.76%) over 2) Discmania PD (30.24%) – An absolutely dominant showing from the Innova beefcake leads to an intriguing Sweet 16 showdown with the Leopard.
12) Latitude 64 Fuse (55.32%) over 4) Discraft Wasp (44.68%) – The glidey Swedish superstar looks to go three-for-three against Discraft, but the top-selling Buzzz stands in its way.
One Response to “Noodle Arm Disc Golf’s March Mold Mania: Sweet 16”
I like this bracket quite a bit, but I really do think the River deserved to be in this.